It takes neither an Einstein nor an Isaac Newton to figure out that Real techniques make one of the best well made brushes worldwide. But, what you might not know is that from time to time, they launch some limited editions with designs that are nothing like their ordinary and basic brushes. Instead, these designs come in different colors and in diffrent prints. Today, I will be reviewing the magical Real Techniques Your Picks Berlin limited brush set.
As I have mentioned above, Real Techniques offers high quality brushes and some other makeup tools with a reasonable price. Just in case you don’t know this already, the creators of this brand are two gorgeous youtubers known as the Pixiwoo Sisters (Sam and Nick Chapman).
This Limited edition brush set contains five beautifully made brushes for the face and eyes: they just look like a piece of art with a gorgeous white and black print. But what makes them look even more interesting is that touch of fuchsia purple at the bottom of every brush. The brand logo is very soft yet obvious and the top of the brushes is very original with that light touch of white (it makes it look like a pony hair).
This must-have set of brushes has been voted by fans of the brand. The designed has been inspired by street art scene of Berlin, Germany as street artists and painters from around the world contribute to the graffiti, murals, and paintings in Berlin.
The packaging is very light and attractive, with colors and prints matching the actual brush design. I got this set on boxing day from Superdrug Barking for only 10£ instead of 30£, which I guess is the actual price.
On the back of the box, there is a cute pic of the two sisters with a very helpful quick guide on the function of every brush.
1. BUFFING BRUSH:
- buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
- Although it looks big and thick, it’s very easy to hold and very light. It’s shape is perfection: I really like it.
- I am currently using it to apply loose powder on my face
2. CONTOUR BRUSH:
- contour brush: delicately applies highlighter or contour to create sheer, soft-focus finish.
- It’s ideal to be used on the cheeks, but quite big to be used on other parts of the face like the nose and the face corners.
3. STIPPLING BRUSH:
- stippling brush: 2 bristle types and lengths distribute the product for a feathery finish;
- It can be helpful for fans of liquid foundation with a brush as it’s flat, but I am really not a fan of this match, I prefer using a beauty blender instead.
4. DELUXE CREASE BRUSH:
- deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring.
- Honestly, I don’t use it to apply eyeshadow on my crease, but to actually apply it on my bottom lid as I have hooded eyes and I really like it: it’s so soft.
5. BASE SHADOW BRUSH:
- base shadow brush:applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color.
- As I use the deluxe crease brush to apply eyeshadow on my bottom lid, I actually use this one to apply it on the crease because it’s a bit smaller. You can also use it for multiple purposes like blending the shadow on the sides.
All in all, I love this brand, it has always been so reliable to me and this set made it even more special and beneficial.
I hope you liked this review. Please share your love and thoughts.
PS: I take all the pictures alone as I am an amateur photographer so please excuse the mess if there is any.
Loads of love,